BAQME started in February 2021 in Rotterdam, and is currently operating a fleet of over 250 electrical, shared cargo bikes in Rotterdam and The Hague. BAQME strives to be a trustworthy partner for the cities in which we are active, with the end-goal of being a positive force in the following dimensions:
- Sustainability: Electrical cargo bikes can replace up to 50% of traffic in the city. They are the only sustainable alternative to short distance car rides, since they are designed to transport goods, as well as people.
- Efficiency: Electrical cargo bikes take up much less space than cars. Furthermore, the BAQME bikes are shared, meaning they are used by multiple households. This contributes to more efficient use of public space.
- Inclusivity: Electrical cargo bikes are not cheap to buy, which is why they are only accessible to a certain portion of the population. Because our cargo bikes are shared, users only pay for their actual use of the bike, making the service affordable and accessible to the public. Additionally, our service also provides an extra form of transport for people without a drivers license.
Everyone who is 18 and up, is allowed to use a shared cargo bike. The bikes can be used for a wide variety of purposes, such as:
- A daytrip with the kids to the park, the zoo, the pool, school, etc. The cargo bikes are often used for this purpose, and are specially designed to safely transport children (safety measures include a bench to sit on, and seat belts)
- People transporting groceries, furniture, plants, and other goods
- Small businesses transporting goods and packages
- People travelling with their pets
Would you like to learn more about how BAQME could contribute to the mobility and sustainability objectives in your city? Contact us through firstname.lastname@example.org.